The University of Wolverhampton (the ‘University’) (including any entity which from time to time is a subsidiary of the University of Wolverhampton and any entity over which from time to time any of the entities defined in this paragraph either directly or indirectly exercises management control, even though it may own less than (50%) of the shares and is prevented by law from owning a greater shareholding) wishes to enter into a contract (the “Contract”) with a Contractor (the ‘Contractor’) to supply repair, maintenance, upgrading and replacement of Fire alarm, detection and control systems to the University and its Entities. The University is seeking an agreement via competitive Tenders (“Tenders”) from suitably qualified organisations (“Tenderers”) in response to this Invitation to Tender (“ITT”) for the provision of the aforementioned services (‘Services’) and/or works (‘Works’).
In order to allow this contract to be used for potential European Union funded projects we are notifying all tenderers that some works might be subject to part funding by the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme for England or any other European Union Funded Programme.
The opportunity will also be available for use by other Public Bodies in Wolverhampton and Partner Authorities in the West Midlands Combined Authority.
The University seeks an experienced Contractor to:
– Carry out servicing, repairs and maintenance to all fire alarm and detection systems situated throughout the University as described within the Particular Specification.
– Upgrade existing systems or install new equipment throughout the University where required as described within the Particular Specification.
This requirement is not split into Lots.
The Qualification section will be assessed on a pass/fail basis in accordance with the standard qualification questions implemented by PAS91.
The requirements here include:
– The Tenderer must have a minimum annual turnover of Â£500,000
– The Tenderer must have a Credit Safe Score of â‰¥30
– The Successful Contractor must have Â£5m Public Liability Insurance
– The Successful Contractor must have Â£5m Employer’s Liability Insurance
Additional Qualification elements are as follows:
– The Tenderer must hold ISO 9001 (Quality Management) certification.
– The Tenderer must hold current membership of the Fire Industry Association (FIA) (or equivalent EU qualification).
The Tenderer must be on site within a maximum of 2-hours of receiving the Employer’s verbal call-out request.
The deadline for submissions is 5th May 2021, 12 noon. To respond to this opportunity follow this link https://wlv.bravosolution.co.uk